Reno Skeptical Society, Inc. (aka: Reno Skeptics) is a Non-Profit, Tax-Exempt Corporation formed under the laws of the State of Nevada and is a Federal 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Educational Organization that exists for the purpose of promoting science education, rational thought and skeptical inquiry.
mission is to educate those in Northern Nevada and the Lake Tahoe Area to the application and benefits
of the scientific method and critical thought; and to the growing local promotion of
pseudoscience, paranormal, supernatural and other extraordinary, unproven beliefs.
Reno Skeptics typically remains neutral on issues of politics and religion, as other organizations exist that are better suited to, and organized for these purposes. However, issues that cause physical, psychological, monetary or other harm will be explored.
Reno Skeptics' primary goals are to:
1) Promote science education and increased awareness of pseudoscience and other extraordinary claims or beliefs;
2) Provide well researched comment and rebuttal to the promotion of pseudoscience in Northern Nevada and the
Lake Tahoe Area;
3) Protect the public from misinformation and fraud;
4) Support educators and students of science through sponsorship and scholarships;
5) Serve as a reference for local media and other educational organizations;
6) Build partnerships and unite the local science-based community.
Reno Skeptics maintains a social group on Meetup.com Reno Skeptics Meetup Group
Reno Skeptics' Facebook page can be found at Reno Skeptics on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter @RenoSkeptics